Google allows a refund even after 15 minutes of buying an app; this is Google’s way of showing that it cares for its customers. If you failed to remember or don’t know that you can easily get refunds out of Google Play within 15 minutes of purchase just by going back to the app page and tapping Refund button, don’t worry, because Google values your money; and it offers another refund window which we will be discussing later in this post.
According to the ‘Google Law’, any app purchase can be subjected to a refund if the refund or complaint if submitted with 48 hours of the app purchase.
3.4 Special Refund Requirements. The Payment Processor’s standard terms and conditions regarding refunds will apply except the following terms apply to your distribution of Products on the Market.
Products that can be previewed by the buyer (such as ringtones and wallpapers): No refund is required or allowed.
Products that cannot be previewed by the buyer (such as applications): You authorize Google to give the buyer a full refund of the Product price if the buyer requests the refund within 48 hours after purchase.
Getting a refund within 15 minutes of App purchase:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Touch the Google Play Store icon > My Apps.
- Select the app or game you’d like to return.
- Select Refund.
If the 15 minute refund window has not yet passed, Open and Refund buttons will be displayed. If a Refund button is not displayed, your purchase is not eligible for return.
- Follow the instructions to complete your refund and uninstall your app or game.
Getting an App refund from Google Play after 15 minutes of App purchase:
- Through your Web browser, open the account area on Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/account
3. Next, click on Report a problem to the far right.
4. In the pop-up window that appears, select I’d like to request a refund from the drop-down box.
5. Describe the issues you’re having with the app in the text box near the bottom and click Send Report.
Your complaint will be evaluated by Google and you may get a refund.
Keep in mind that these refund techniques may not always work. Don’t abuse the system; try to avoid paying for apps until you’ve tested out the free version (when available) and know you’ll want the paid version. And lastly, try to stick with top or well-known developers and you’re more likely to download apps you won’t want to return.